Tuesday, February 8, 2011

My 2011 HAM Javelina Hunt

Well the hunt started for me on Saturday and ended on sunday morning. We glassed up 40 deer on saturday (figures since season is over) 7 of them were GREAT bucks. On Sunday morning we glassed up about 13 deer in about an hour and decided to leave the area. When we ALMOST got to the road Rick (doublebuck) yells PIGS. They were right in front of us right next to the road. We jumped out and ran over to where we could see one but did not have a shot. There were 2 more that took off to his right. The first one did not stop but he was small anyways the second one stopped I ranged him at 35 yards and drew back and nailed him at a quartering away shot I hit him perfect but to me it looked high. They ran out onto the road we were on so we ran up the road to see were they went. One of them was still standing and the other one (the one I shot) came up from behind and bedded down. I drew back again but had to shoot through a limb that was hanging over. When I released the arrow grabbed the limb but only threw it off a little but still it was a high gut shot. there was blood everywhere so I do not know why I shot again but felt I needed too. We watched him bed up and I looked at Rick and asked "did you get it on film?" he said ya but I think I missed the first shot. LOL but he got the second one. WAHOO. So we ran over to my dad and he had took a shot but missed. We got him all packed up and headed home. So it was only a 2 hour hunt that day. I love these little guys. I have to say Thanks to Rick for comming up and going out with me. We sure do have some fun. Here are some pics and when I get the video from Rick I will post it up.



Click on the video below to watch it.  It was the second shot at the pig.



No comments:

Post a Comment