Monday, January 4, 2010

The New Hunting Year

Okay I know I have not posted in awhile but it is a new year now with new goals.

First goal for the year is to either kill a nice mature Mule deer ( I know I hate them ) or to go after another beautiful Coues deer (100+) with my bow. Now for the Mule deer the only reason I have decited to try and get one is because I have never killed a Mule deer and would like to try but I am not messing up the whole year on some little dink.
Second goal is to try and get a bigger PIG (Javelina) with my bow than last year and last years was a brute.

Third and probably the most important is to get my dad out with me and get him his first deer with a bow. I believe we can do it this year but he is always trying to get a big one that is where it has became a challenge. Any Coues deer buck with a bow is a trophy thats what he needs to understand.

Fourth is to try to get an over the counter tag for Turkey and nail one with my bow (great goal) this will be another first for me.

Fifth is to take my nephew Price out and try and get him his first Coyote, Rabbit, or any other small game animal since he is only 5 years old. But man for only 5 years old he can shoot and he is a great shot. He shot my 22-250 for the first time about a month ago and he sure did have fun with it.

Sixth is try and I mean TRY and get a bear. Now this for me is a sore subject since I have hunted bears for 20 years and never got one yet. One day maybe a dream will come true.

Here is my pig from 09 and my deer from 09 both with a bow. It truly was a great year last year. Bowhunting is becoming a passion of mine now.



To all you that are planning on hunting or fishing this year good luck and be safe.


No comments:

Post a Comment